A butterfly valve is a valve which can be used for isolating or regulating flow. Butterfly valves are generally favoured because they are lower in cost to other valve designs as well as being lighter in weight, meaning less support is required. Unlike a ball valve, the disc is always present within the flow, therefore a pressure drop is always induced in the flow, regardless of valve position.
- Types: Blow down, Resilient, High Performance, Tri-centric
- Design: BS-5155 / API 609,Testing std. BS-6755 / API 598
- End connection: Screwed, Socket Weld, Butt Weld
- Materials: CI / CS / SS 304 / SS316 / SS 316L
- Operation: Manual / Gear/ Actuator
- Pressure Class:PN10, PN16, PN25
- Construction design: Wafer Design / Wafer Lug / Double Flanged / Double Offset / Triple Offset
- Size: 25mm to 1500mm
- Cooling water, air, gases, fire protection etc.
- Firefighting systems
- High-pressure and high-temperature water and steam services
- Shipping industry
- Slurry applications